Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What We Ate - 10/25/2011

I took a couple pictures of last night's supper.  Because I'm like that! 

Our menu was Diner Meatloaf (I got the basic recipe from Taste of Home, but needed to modify it a little bit due to lack of a couple ingredients (who knew I was going to use ALL of the garlic to make garlic bread to accompany our lasagna the night before?).

First you chop up one large onion (next time I will only use 1/2) and one rib of celery.  I sauteed them in a tablespoon of butter since we were out of olive oil (not my fault!  SOMEONE used all the olive oil and neglected to tell me so I could put it on the shopping list).  Saute until tender.

While the onions and celery are gettin' their groove on, you mix (2) eggs, 3/4 c. bread crumbs, 1/3 c. ketchup, 1 tsp. dried parsley, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg.  I didn't take a picture of this mixture because frankly - it looked gross.  You then cool the onion and celery mixture and add it.  Lastly you add 2 pounds of ground beef and mix well.  I use my hands because they work so much better than a spoon.

I then transferred the mixutre from my mixing bowl to my brand new Pampered Chef Fluted Stoneware Pan (I wanted to start seasoning it!).
It baked at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes.  While it baked, I made a box of Hungry Man Au Gratin Potatoes and a pack of Pillsbury Grands Jr. Biscuits.

I also made a little sauce to spoon on top of the meatloaf if so desired.  Tomato Soup, a little canola oil (brecause once again - out of olive oil!) and some Pampered Chef Seasoning - Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic.  I brought that to a simmer on the stove.

The supper was met with mixed receptions. 

Jerry and I loved all of it. 

Austin ate a piece of the meatloaf and devoured the potatoes. 

Aidan ate about half of his piece of meatloaf and had a couple biscuits.  He doesn't like potatoes.

Will I make this recipe again - ehhh - probably not. 

No comments: