Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a marvelous weekend.  Not a lot of running around to do.  Just enough.  We spent Saturday working around the house in the morning & early afternoon.  We made a couple treats to take to Haley & Jenn's Pampered Chef party.  It was a great day.

It makes me laugh that we don't spend more time over in York with Clark, Haley & their families.  I mean come on, it takes an hour to get there.

That's on my list of "Things to make life rich".  Spend more time with family.  It does a soul good.

Jerry took a few pictures while we were there.  (Of course it was a family affair since Maggie, Steve, Charlie and Eli were going to be there!)

We arrived at Aunt Brigette's house a little before 4:00 and stayed until about 9:30.  It was such a great time.

This was after the party.  The kids were all playing musical chairs. 

Charlie became fast friends with Landon. 

Clark - what a handsome guy. 

Eli finally warmed up to me at the end.  He is so funny!
I may have given him some watered down soda -
for which his mother gave me a punch in the back!
I think something was lost in translation - she said
"No pop".  She didn't say anything about soda!

Camron loved Austin.  I was surprised that Austin was
picking him up and carrying him around. 
He has claimed to not really like little kids. 
I think he is putting up a front.

And my sweet boy.  He was so tired after playing with all the kids.
He fell asleep almost immediately after we got in the car to
come home.  When we pulled in our driveway and woke him, he said
"We're home already?  How'd we get home so quick?".

Sunday was spent enjoying coffee, donuts and the newspaper.  ACE had lacrosse camp in the afternoon and one of his teammates asked if he would like to come over after practice, have pizza and watch football.  He was eager to do that.  Jerry and I got Little Caesar's for the rest of us (Austin coined "Caesar Sunday").

I watched a couple more of Oprah's Lifeclasses (that Oprah - she's amazing!).

I am going to earnestly strive to apply the things I have learned so far from her.  She is so inspirational.

We capped off our Sunday by celebrating Pop-Pop Ebersole's 82nd Birthday with cupcakes made by our SWEET niece Julie Ann.

A fulfilling and restful weekend.

That's what I'm talkin' about.

No comments: