Friday, October 14, 2011

Three Things - 10/14/2011

Three Things I Am Loving This Week:

1. Pampered Chef.  My Pampered Chef order came yesterday.  Actually it came twice.  The first time the Fed-Ex truck pulled up, they delivered two boxes.  Both had stoneware in them, but the little gadgets were M-I-A.  After a quick call to my sister/consultant, she explained that the third box would probably be here on Friday.   I would have to wait until tomorrow to get the rest of my goodies.  Then, what's this?  SURPRISE!!  The Fed-Ex truck pulled up again - with my third box.  Squeals of delight & a haphazard opening commenced.  I loved all the products & wished I could keep them all!  Now I can't wait to try them all out.


2.  CVS Extra Care Card.  I had the ultimate rush last night.  I had CVS Extra Cash Back dollars to use by October 13.  I had a scenario worked out in my head, but I wasn't sure if it was really going to work out.  So off I went.  I bought four bags of M&M's (which they had on sale - 2/$5).  I had $7.00 ECB to spend, PLUS I had (2) $1.00 off coupons for the Pretzel M&M's and $1.00 off two bags of any M&M's.  So in the end...

...the four bags of M&M's were FREE!!  And in actuality, I made $3.00 because I got $3.00 ECB for purchasing $10.00 worth of Mars products.

                          
Four bags of deliciousness - for FUH-REE!!!


3.  Homemade Applesauce.  We bought a peck of apples for $3.00.  Came home, peeled & cored them.  Threw them in the crock pot with 1/2 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar and one teaspoon of cinnamon (for 10 apples).  The crock pot setting was High for the first batch and it took about 4 hours for the apples to cook down to deliciousness.  I just used my hand potato masher to break the apples down a little more and it was the perfect tool.  It reminds me of my Gramma Myers' applesauce.  The second batch we doubled and started it at 11:00 at night.  I just put it on warm overnight and then cranked the heat up when I got up the next morning.  The second batch had more pieces f skin & seed casing in it, so I just ran the cooled sauce through my Kitchen Aid Mixer fruit & vegetable strainer.  It worked like a charm.  I am sure we will get more apples because the sauce won't last long in our house!

Three Things I Am Not Loving This Week:


1.  It's October.  Now don't get me wrong, I love fall.  BUT it's already the middle of October people!  I have so many fun Halloween things I want to do and time is running out!  I guess I better get a move on it and get those Halloween activities completed.


2.  The "Volunteer" Fire Department.  My husband has been a volunteer firefighter for umpteen years.  This past week it has worked on my last nerve.  He was out on a search detail for over six hours.  I probably wouldn't have minded it, but it I had an EGD done that morning and wasn't feeling the best and he just left. 

I am coming to the realization that it takes a really wonderful person to be a volunteer firefighter, but it takes exceptional people to be a firefighter's family.

3.  Last Days.  Today is a dear co-worker of mine's last day at work.  She and her family are moving and it would not be convenient for her to continue to work at our school.  She has become a wonderful friend to me and I will truly miss seeing her each day. 

Good luck Ali!  I sincerely hope to see you in the future!

No comments: