Friday, October 7, 2011

Three Things - 10/07/2011

Three Things I Am Loving This Week:  (Once again - it's four!)

1.  This guy.  We have been together for 21 years (October 6, 1990).  I love the fact that he remembers this day.  He still loves me as much (or maybe more) than he did at the beginning. 
2. Pampered Chef Fluted Stoneware Pan.  I had a Pampered Chef Show this past weekend.  My sister Maggie is my Pampered Chef consultant and she did an amazing job demonstrating the wonderful products.  One of the items I got (at 60% off) was this Fluted Stoneware Pan.  She made the most delicious Apple Cake in this pan - IN THE MICROWAVE!  Then as a great consultant always does, she sent me like 50 recipes to use this pan for.  Now I will anxiously await the arrival of this so I can use it!

3.  Making homemade applesauce.  We are going to attempt to make our own applesauce this year.  I have stumbled across a few recipes (and even a few to make in the crockpot!).  I am going to try and replicate my Gramma Myers' recipe.  She made the best applesauce.  I loved that it had little small, tender chunks of apples still in the sauce.

4.  Air conditioner out of the window.  With the threat of a major heat wave out of the picture,  I am absolutely thrilled to be able to see out of the east facing window in our living room.  I was able to put my sweet light-up pumpkin in his place of honor, greeting all who pass and plug him in.  This is a big deal to me.  Now to get the one out of our bedroom window!

Three Things I Am Not Loving This Week:


1.  Politics.  He said, she said.  He's running, he's not running.  I only have to listen to this for ummm...A WHOLE YEAR?!?!?  I feel like I am not smart enough to understand what everyone is talking about and I would just rather not hear it.

2.  Saying goodbye.  I hate saying goodbye.  My sister, brother-in-law and two sweet red-headed nephews were here this past weekend.  We had so much fun visiting with them.  Charlie and Eli aren't "strange" with us, but still it is hard not being able to see them on a weekly basis.  They are so much fun!
3.  Bi-weekly paychecks.  I am having such a hard time with this.  It seems by the beginning of the second week, we are scraping by.  I guess after 19 years of the weekly thing, it will take a little getting used to.

No comments: