Monday, January 11, 2010

Working Out

I have started working out. Lifting weights, riding a stationary bike, doing the elliptical. All this so I don't look like a troll for my sister's wedding in July.

Since I have lost so much weight, the under sides of arms look like Jello. I am not even kidding.

I purposely look for shirts with longer sleeves. Sleeveless - forget it. I would sooner wear a sweatshirt in 90 degree heat. A bathing suit - I HATE to wear one.

For my sister's wedding I am wearing a dress with spaghetti straps. I am mortified about how my arms will look in this dress. I refuse to let it get me down so I am trying to be proactive about it & firm up my arms & while I'm at it, why not my legs & abs?

We have a weight machine & I am going to use it every day. I also use the bike & elliptical at the high school while Aidan is at wrestling practice on Tuesday & Thursday. I have the new "Your Shape" program for the Wii & as soon as Austin gets his freakin' PS3 in his own room, I will be doing that as well.

The fantastic thing is, my husband & son are also going to lift & Jerry has been watching what he eats & is going to try to lose some weight.

So, I have six months to tone up. I want guns like Kelly Ripa. I am not going to fret about my abs because after all the surgeries I have had, my stomach looks like a road map. That's okay though. If I can tighten everything up, I will be a happy girl.

Jerry says if I am as obsessed with getting fit as I am with cleaning I will be toned up in no time. We shall see...

No comments: