Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Am Thankful

I was going to write about the laziness that is becoming an epidemic with the Y chromosomes in my household.

But as I wrote about it, I started to feel bad. They can't help it.

So today I am going to write about some of the things I am thankful for, instead of bitterly complaining about the lack of intuition that exists in Bullfrog Hollow.

I am thankful for:
  • The changes in the seasons. I always think how boring it would be if it just stayed warm & green all year long. I love the changes in the landscape & even the temperature. I think the seasons changing in sure evidence of the existence of God.
  • A new lesson at Monday morning Bible study. We are now studying "Enough - Faith in the Midst of Financial Crisis".
  • My husband. Even though he drives my psycho most days, I am forever thankful for his unconditional love & his willingness to do what ever makes me happy (except move to Erie :-p).
  • Austin, my 14 year going on 30 year old son. How did this happen? You went from being a little boy to a young man all in the blink if an eye. You are trying to find your way to a mark on this world & I am so proud of you.
  • Aidan my 9 year-old Tasmanian Devil. Your crazy antics & devilish persona are a constant source of laughter. I always tell you how boring life would be without you. I truly mean that.
  • My parents - always there - no matter what - with various kinds of support. I can't say how grateful I am.
  • My sisters. There is a bond between sisters that men will never understand. Jerry always wants to know how we can be so mad at each other one second & then turn around and be laughing and carrying on. I don't know. I'm just glad that they are mine.

So that's it - for today. I am thankful. That's what I'll be thinking about instead of all the chores that aren't getting done.

No comments: