Monday, May 14, 2007

May 14, 2007

Today was a normal day I suppose.

I thought I would be going to Austin's 5th grade Civil War Reenactment, but when I called the school this morning to ask what time it started the reply I heard was, "It starts at 9:00 - I think, but you know it's not open to the public - security reasons."

I was disappointed, but was then questioning the Field Day that will be held on Thursday & anyone can go to that, just walk in the stadium or on the elementary school property. Who knows what their logic is.

I worked in my flower beds & herb garden this evening & Jerry worked in his salsa garden.

I also planted the beautiful flowers that Aidan bought me on Saturday in my flower beds. He truly loves flowers & he loves to touch them all. He is my grandmother through & through.


Many thanks to my parents who helped to weed out my flower beds & plant the perennials that were on the front porch.
It was so nice to actually spend Mother's Day with my mother. Even if she did make me work.

That was the best Mother's Day gift of all.

No comments: