Monday, March 1, 2010

It's Been A Long Weekend!

That sounds terrible, but it wasn't. The Ebersole family had a long and tiring weekend but it was great!

This past Saturday was the Mustang Open Wrestling Tournament at Governor Mifflin High School.

Over 300 wrestlers from southeastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and who knows where else came to Shillington to compete in the open tournament for students in Junior High and younger.

It was a great day. I am merely a worker at the tournament and I had several people come up to me to tell me how wonderful the tournament was. "Great food!" I heard and "Fantastic tournament. Definitely worth the two hour drive!" I was told. I passed these comments on to the director. What great people we have coming to our tournament!

The ending to our day was not until 8:00 pm (from 7:30 in the morning) but we have such wonderful people in the wrestling club, they made the day go fast.

Another great thing was ACE took third place. He was happy with that I think.

Here he is with his new piece of hardware. I love the bronze medal. It's such a pretty color.

This is the bruise above his right eye. He got this sometime during his first match. He has no idea how he got it and neither do I. I did not watch him wrestle on Saturday. After the last tournament at Cocalico and hearing him yell out in pain, I can't do it. It is a mother's instinct to protect her child and there wasn't a thing I could do to protect him. That is tough.

I know I am going to have to get over that as he is going to continue his school sporting career for the next nine years (oh my gosh that seems like a long time right now).

It would be different if he played sports that weren't so physical, but alas, this is Aidan and if he can't hurt somebody, he isn't going to play it.

So, ACE is done with his 2009-2010 wrestling season. It was a tough year for him, but one full of accomplishments. We are so proud.

Now, where is all that lacrosse equipment?

1 comment:

Second Grade Scoop said...

What a cute pic of Aidan with his medal! I miss that kid!