Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Springtime List of To-Do's

I wasn't really sure about what I wanted to blog about today.

So I thought I would post some random pictures and make a list of the things I want to accomplish this spring.

The first picture is of the new St. Patrick's day flag I got at A.C. Moore. It was 50% off and cost me a whopping $5.49. Not a bad deal. Since I got the flag holder for in my front flower bed and it has been bare for the past few months, I needed a pick me up.

Speaking of front flower bed, the first item on my list is cleaning out the flower bed, dividing the perennials and getting the fish pond cleaned out. Our fish took a hit this winter with our major snowfall and we had quite a few casualties. The pond needs to be emptied and all the gunk cleaned out of the bottom. Then I can get the waterfall back in working order.

Along those same lines, I would like to get all the flower beds "decluttered". Since our home is so beautiful on the inside, I want the outside to be just as wonderful.

And while we are at it, why not a whole yard make-over? The "burn area", chicken coop and back yard need sprucing up too.

I put away all of my snowmen yesterday. It was very sad. I love snowmen and I hate to put all their bright and cheery faces away in the tubs to be stored in the attic until after Thanksgiving. On the bright side, Jerry brought down the Easter tubs. Inside was a kaleidoscope of Easter eggs, baskets and bunnies.

I put all the plastic eggs in my new basket and it is sitting in the living room. I know, when my sweet little nephews are here in a week, they won't stay in the basket very long. That's okay, I will pick them up. I know how Charlie can't refuse a ball and some of the eggs look like footballs, baseballs, basketballs and golf balls. It would be so wrong of me to tell him he can't play with them. So I won't.

This last picture is of my sweet husband. I think he was about 5 years old when this was taken (circa 1978). He is the one on the left. My mother-in-law gave me this picture a couple years ago and I am looking for a frame so I can hang it in the study.

So that's about it. I think tomorrow I will write about my openly defiant child. I think my head spins around on my shoulders when I deal with him. And he knows it. Ugh. I hate dealing with myself.

No comments: