Friday, October 1, 2010

New Bible Study

Two weeks ago, our Bible Study group got together for the first time this school year.


We met for a week, had off a week (kids were off from school) and this past Wednesday was our first actual "study" day.


The new study is called "Bad Girls of the Bible - And What We Can Learn From Them" by Liz Curtis Higgs.


I decided to read the first chapter. I can tell if I'm going to like a book by reading the first chapter. If it takes a lot of effort to convince myself to continue reading, then it usually is a book I will not finish.


This book is not one of those. I hated to put it down.

It is a Bible study that I understand. The author translates the stories of the "bad girls" into modern day topics that I can relate to.

We watched the hour long DVD to start off on Wednesday. It is the author giving highlights of each chapter and main bad girl.

She is comical and very likable.

Our first chapter is about Eve, the original bad girl. I have the chapter read & will start the workbook this weekend. It seems like a wonderful companion to the book. I will let you know after I start it.

Bible Study is a wonderful grounding point for me. The women there are so supportive and wonderful. I find myself praying for guidance and assistance more often. I pray for wisdom in parenting, in relationships, aww heck who am I kidding, just overall help. I can sure use it.

No comments: