Sunday, June 24, 2007

OUR FIRST FULL WEEK

Well, we've been here a full week today & it has been very relaxing & tons of fun.


I really haven't done a whole bunch other than sticking around the house, doing laundry, spoiling my nephew & being the referee with my sons.


We went out to see Bob & Sue Mattis at the cabin they rent down on the lake just east of Freeport on Monday, June 18. Nana Fuller was there and that was great to see her!


The boys wore their swimsuits & we had no sooner got there & they were off to the "beach".

They both enjoyed splashing in the chilly water & finding all sorts of "goodies" along the shore line. Austin took a particular interest in skipping rocks & I must say he's pretty good at it. He got quite a few to skip multiple times across the water. Aidan just likes to be near and/or in the water. He liked all the little shells that you find along the beach along with some other little treasures he found.





The boys went camping with Saba & Shamma this weekend. So Tricia & I had the house to ourselves.


On Friday night we went out to dinner with Tricia's friends Jamie, Kathleen & Lee Anne.

We went to a little Italian restaurant on the west side called Mi Scuzzi. It was amazing! When we first arrived we went to the bar to wait for Lee Anne. I had a Sangria which was very tasty & I managed to make it last through dinner.


As an appetizer, the waitress brought out a small dish of olives & artichokes that were soaking in olive oil. Now I didn't eat any of these because I don't like olives or artichokes, but they still looked really good.


We placed our order (Tricia & I shared an entree) & as we waited we had actual honest to goodness grown up conversation. And there was no fighting, no monkey business, it was very enjoyable.


Next our salads came out & I had opted for the Gorgonzola cheese. Boy was I glad I did. The salad was crisp & light. The Gorgonzola added the perfect amount of creaminess, salt & tang that was the extraordinary combination.


Next our waitress brought out garlic knots with fresh shredded parmigiana reggiano slivered on the top. The were a terrific compliment to our main course. Tricia & I shared a plate of Chicken Marsala with homemade linguini with red sauce. Oh my gosh, the chicken just melted in your mouth. It was combined with mushrooms & a wonderful Marsala wine sauce - YUM!


And the linguini... All I can say is WOW-AMAZING-FABULOUS! The noodles were like nothing I had ever had before. The texture, the flavor...this is a must try restaurant. So even if you don't live in the Erie area, get in your car & go to Mi Scuzzi. It's on Scott Street - DELICIOUS!


We then went back to Jamie & Kathleen's house that they are currently renovating. They gave me the grand tour & their house is just gorgeous. They have put a lot of work into this house & I was amazed at all the little things that make this house breathtaking.


Tricia & I went down to the boat for just a few minutes so she could see her good friend Jake (who she hasn't seen since September) & then it was off to the W.A. for Karaoke with John & Jessi Erickson. Tricia was terrific, as usual singing her hits "Total Eclipse of the Heart", "Kerosene" & her new sensation "Black Horse & A Cherry Tree". We also sang "I Touch Myself" & "Copacabana".


Tricia is a really terrific singer & I love going to karaoke even if it's just to watch & listen to her sing.


Last night we went to picnic in at Matt & Donna's which I though would be Just a few of us & it ended being about 30 people. It was Matt, Donna, Emily & Dan - Grandma Eva & Theresa - Mark, Marian, Liz & Sarah - Mandy & Sherry - Carrie & Chris - Carrie, Olivia, one of Olivia's friends & Terrence - Glenn, Kim, Sam, Darryl & Brian - Ken, Kendra, Hunter, Tucker & Rylee - Luke Morton - Tricia & I. I may be forgetting someone, but that's 31 already!


Matt made chicken (which Donna had marinated all day in Italian dressing) on the fire & then the made ribs & hot dogs too. We had parsley potatoes, coleslaw, fruit salad & Tricia made the most sinful cookies with huge chocolate chunks.


We sat around the fire until well after dark, by then it had dwindled to just Matt's family, Ken's family, Carrie & Chris, Tricia & I. We made some smores, Matt set off some fireworks & we finally made it home around 11:00.


Today we have a graduation party to go to for some family friends. One graduated from college & the other high school. It should be fun!


I can't wait for the boys to get home from Brookdale with their stories of what they did with Saba, Shamma & Rick Stoner.


Hopefully I will update sooner, so I don't have so much to type in one sitting!

No comments: