Monday, October 27, 2008

My Amazing, Talented Friend - Lisa

Last week, one of my dearest friend's made our family supper & brought it over. It helps out more than people realize because when you are recovering from surgery, you don't feel like standing at the stove cooking!


Lisa was also the person who drew the short stick October 9 when I called her from the hospital & in only a way that she can, listened to me cry. Then on top of that she came to the hospital to see me. She is one in a million.


Anyway, I digress. When Lisa brought supper over, she also brought me a little book that said "God's Promises" on the front. Well, I waited until after she left to open up the book.
It brought tears to my eyes. It is one of the most amazing gifts I have ever received. The fact that she hand-crafted this for me just touches my heart. It is exactly what I needed. I keep it with me in a Ziploc baggie (so nothing happens to it!) and if I need a little reminder from God I just open it up & read.



Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

The next two pages are being difficult & won't upload correctly. Here are the verses that appear on those two pages.

Romans 8:31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

Phillipians 4:6 Don't worry about anything. Instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done.


Psalm 91:14-16 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me, I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer. I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.
Nehemiah 8:10 Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength!

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
Matthew 6:33 Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.
Isn't it absolutely beautiful?!? I am so blessed to be able to call her my friend!

No comments: