Sunday, March 22, 2009

Boehringer's 2009

I have to say that I love Spring. The flowers are awakening from their winter sleep. The air is starting to warm up. Boehringer's opened on Friday.
When we saw this sign lit up on Friday night after lacrosse practice - it was an hallelujah moment.


I absolutely love this place. From their hot dogs with barbecue to the fresh-cut french fries to the homemade ice cream. It is fabulous & a sure sign that spring is right around the corner.


I have had the opening day marked my calendar for a few weeks now & we planned our weekend around Friday, March 20. I am going to keep track of how many times we eat there this year.


Friday we went and had hot dogs, fries, birch beer & Coca-Cola. Jerry had peanut butter ice cream and Aidan had black raspberry. Austin & I were too full from our meals to attempt eating ice cream.

Today we went & had California cheeseburgers, double cheeseburger subs, hot dogs, fries, root beer & Coca-Cola. I saved some room and had a scoop of chocolate butter fudge on a sugar cone, Austin and Aidan both had a scoop of peanut butter.

California Cheeseburger


Fresh-Cut Fries

Aidan wanted to know why we didn't go on Saturday. Good question!


The other bonus of eating at Boehringer's - the prices! Our family of four can eat there for less than $20.00.

We had to eat in the car both times we were there because it is still fairly cold out (about 55 degrees). Once the weather warms up though, they have picnic tables available to sit at by the little stream that runs behind it.

So, for those of you keeping score at home: Ebersole's eating at Boehriner's - "2".

And for those of you planning on a trip to good old Berks County sometime between now and mid-September, I'm sure you will get to experience the phenomenon known as Boehringer's.

1 comment:

KalDavRu said...

Make that "3" visits. I'm still not convinced that I like a place with such strict ordering/standing/paying routines - not to mention the secret stuff you can order that is not on the menu!