Thursday, July 12, 2007

HOME

Well, we made it home safe & sound on Saturday, July 7. Mom made the trek with the boys & I and then after depositing us at Snow Shoe with Jerry, she made her way north to Cherry Springs & Keener's Store for some ice cream. I was so jealous!

After an uneventful trip back to Berks County, we started putting our stuff away & then made our way to Shillington for the Greater Governor Mifflin Community Days fireworks display.

As soon as we got there, we made our way down the midway to get Auntie Anne's soft pretzels & lemonade, a chicken quesadilla, a candy apple, cotton candy, nachos & a couple of sodas to tide us over for the rest of the night.

We went up to Cumru Elementary to watch the fireworks & I was not that impressed with the show this year. Thank goodness for all the fire company people that make the evening a lot of fun.

We got home a little after midnight & promptly went to bed.

On Sunday, we went to watch our nephew Scott play baseball. A game which his team won 16 - 0 and was called in the third inning due to the mercy rule. We had planned to stop at Jerry's sister's house to swim & since it was close to lunch time, we stopped at the grocery store on our way there & picked up some hot dogs & chips for lunch. After we grilled & ate we went swimming. The water was a little chilly, but it was stifling hot & it felt very refreshing!

The rest of this week has been pretty boring:

Monday: Finished putting stuff away from our vacation. Aidan & I went to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries. Fire Company meeting at night. Austin & Aidan spend the night at Swavely's.

Tuesday: I went to the laundromat all by myself (thank goodness!) & puttered around the house until I went to pick up the boys that afternoon. Got a phone call from the food services director about a job interview on Friday.

Wednesday: Aidan & I picked green beans (enought o fill two plastic shopping bags) at Jerry's dad & mom's in the morning & then spent the rest of the day relaxing, reading & puttering around. Went to see Lisa when Jerry went to the fire company & was SO glad that I did. I have missed her terribly!

Thursday: Went to a viewing in Honey Brook (my former boss's mother passed away), came home & puttered around the house, read, spent time with my cherubs & then went to Wal-Mart this evening to get pictures developed & pick up some screamin' deals on school supplies. We went to Sonic for supper. I tried my very first Vanilla Coke there & let me tell you - it was DELICIOUS!! We came home & put our groceries away & loaded our golf clubs into the car & headed for the Pagoda Driving Range.

We had so much fun there! The boys were actually encouraging one another & giving each other "knuckles" when they would hit a good shot. I am hoping that baseball isn't going to ruin the boys golf swing. You can tell when then hit the ball that they have a tough time with the correct swing because they are used to hitting a baseball. Nonetheless, it was a blast & we are all looking forward to doing it again really soon!

Tiger Woods??

Arnold Palmer???

Nope - just me & my boys!

No comments: